Sunday, July 19, 2009

Deanna Rose Day Trip


The weather has been beyond beautiful this weekend, well really this last week but I noticed more this weekend. We decided to spend some good quality time outside. Saturday afternoon we headed over to Deanna Rose. What a good choice this was. The kids loved every second of it. They spent so much time feeding the goats and looking all the animals over, up and down and asking questions. Questions, questions, questions.


I think Addi and Lucas would tell you the goats were the best. I mean after all you can throw food at the fish. You can look at the prairies dogs. You can stare at the bunny rabbits and you can oink at the pigs but goats, you can get in a feed the goats.
Addi rationed her food bits out to deserving goats. Before we headed into the petting area we stopped and feed some goats threw the fence. Addi would point to a goat and if it came to the fence she would give it one food bit. If it did not take to being yelled at and did not walk to the fence we did what we could to redirect her attention to another goat.

I will say, I never saw a goat get more then one piece of food out of her. We then headed into the petting area. Jeremy gave her a quick lesson on how to feed them and then she was off.

This goat here started off so nice and cute. Then he turned on Addi. Once Addi gave him his tid bit of food and went to walk away the goat was not so happy. He started chewing on her clothes. I wish I could of gotten a picture of it but I put my camera down to help her out. Not that she needed the help. She did not freak out, she did not scream. She simply yelled at the goat to let go. LET GO MY CLOTHES. Jeremy stepped in and pulled her clothes out of the goats mouth and move Addi away. Goodness was she mad. Lucas loved feeding the little goats. Here he found one baby to feed. He did so good at taking his time and making sure they got the food all the way in their mouth before he pulled his hand away. Once we were in the petting zoo he helped this little boy out that was so scared of the goats feed them. It was so cute to watch, you know considering Addi did not need nor want help.
Lucas day was made early on though. They have a bald eagle their, it is one of the first things you get to see. Lucas loves bald eagles.
This is not the bald eagle on display, it is a real life one. This is a wood carving next to the display. Oh yeah, and that is a bug on his face. What are the odds.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

ooooooooooo fun!!!!! I want to take Corben there sometime when we're home!

I love the picture of Addi feeding the goat! Great job snapping that one!