Thursday, February 26, 2009

Alarm clock troubles

What a morning it has been. Our nights have not been as restful as I would like as for the last week, Addi has been doing more napping at night than restful sleeping. She goes to bed at her regular time but then proceeds to get up anywhere from 2-3am wanting to play. She just does not understand when she brings me a baby doll and change of clothes for it why I tell her she has to go to sleep. The end result is the same: Addi, a baby doll and couple of blankets end up in our bed and Addi eventually drifts off to sleep. Same thing this morning.

Jeremy barked to get up and in the shower after I ignored the alarm clock for the second time. For some reason I could hear the alarm clock but just could not swing my feet to the floor. I pushed myself out of bed and into the shower. Proceeded to do my make-up and put goop on my hair. I always put my clothes on before I do my hair. Of coarse Jeremy was still in bed when I went to get dressed, so I get him up. I have to go to the laundry room downstairs to get my pants. My morning had Starbucks written all over it. I pass the grandfather clock in the living room on the way to retrieve my pants. Humm, it is not 6 yet I say to my slow firing brain. Got the pants went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. What? What did the microwave and oven say? Surly my eyes and brain are not firing yet. It says 4:30! I look out the kitchen window just to make sure it is not daytime. Nope, dark as dark can be. 4:30!! Now my brain is certainly firing.

I climb the stairs and open the bathroom door to find Jeremy. He has finished his shower by this point and for some reason looks unbelievable cheery and awake. Maybe because tonight is date night? I asked him if he has lost his mind and inform him he is going to lose his alarm clock privileges. He sleeps on the side with the alarm clock. His face goes from cheery to confused. I inform him that it is 4:30 in the morning! His reaction, a bit different than mine, he doubles over in laughter. “I told you we were going to get up early and get going this morning.” I finish doing my hair, as it has product in it and if I let it dry I fear the looks I would get today. Jeremy decides to stay up, have breakfast, read the paper and do who knows what. I opt for a good 90 minutes of shut eye.

As Jeremy works solo I am sure he will find time for a nap today. We rode to work together; my mom is getting the kids after work so we can head out for a nice adult dinner to celebrate my birthday. My mission today, to find a nice quiet place to get a good hour of shut eye! You can bet before we go to bed tonight I will be triple checking the alarm clock for the correct time and correct wake time. Thank goodness it is not Monday.

Good Morning!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm totally getting a good laugh out of this. I'm sorry. :) Not like time matters to me at this point since I'm just laying here and all but I noticed our alarm clock was off by 2 hours and 27 minutes and I just noticed it today... It's not nice when your day is based on that. At least you didn't wake up LATE? On another note, I hope Addi gets her nights straight soon for your sake!